Monday, February 15, 2016

Olievenhoutbosh

It's been about a week now that we've been working in South Africa. At this point, none of us on the team have any pictures, as we're unable to take photos in the area we're working for the time being. We're working in the township of Olievenhoutbosh, at a Christian school there. In the morning, we arrive and help with classes. Another teammate, Zach, and I help teach several computer classes. After that, we go to meet with the whole team, as well as the mentors who head up the after school program. We have a Bible study, followed by lunch with the kids, and then either an assembly, or homework time. After that, we go back to the church to get picked up by our host families.
We're starting to build relationships with these kids, and I look forward to seeing where they'll be at the end of the six weeks we're here for. I've always been nervous around kids. They usually hang around everyone else, but here it's different! During the time we're waiting for lunch, the kids will swarm me, asking to be picked up, or they'll just climb on me.:) I love it at the end of the day and my whole class surrounds me and everyone hugs me! It is so amazing! I love these kids! Today, a child was hanging around the team in back of an assembly, and he sat in my lap. It was so cute!:D
I thank God for giving me the opportunity to do this and for the words I needed to say at the right times. Thank you for your prayers! I can feel God's hand on this trip.

1 comment: